— Psychic Base (@psychicbase) September 8, 2017
Psychic mediums are gaining more and more popularity all the time. With the rise in medium shows on television, it’s no wonder interest is rising. After all, most people want to know what their loved ones on the other side would like to say to them. Today, let’s take a brief look at some of the most famous psychic mediums of all time, looking at their background and career.
- EDGAR CAYCE
One of the most recognized mediums of the 20th century, Cayce’s work is still used today by mediums around the world. He could provide readings in over 10,000 topics, including health, dreams, prayer, meditation and many, many more. Cayce was a devote church goer and some believed that this only enhanced his ability to stay in tune with the spiritual realm. He could put himself in a sleep state that allowed him to connect with the universe and answer questions that most find impossible to answer.
- SYLVIA BROWNE
Browne was a very spiritual medium and wrote many books regarding God. She stated that God was not only Male, but Female as well, and that God loved every person despite religion. Many of her writings were open to interpretation and she wanted people to read them and get the information they wanted and leave the rest behind. She oftentimes worked as a telephone medium and would give readings over the phone. She attended many TV and radio broadcasts and is also a proclaimed author.
- JAMES VAN PRAAGH
During Praaghs early career, he mainly gave private readings and focused on contacting and speaking with the clients recently passed relatives. He began recording audiobooks to reach a larger audience and expand his reach. He went on multiple television shows and credits his big break from his attendance on Larry King Live. He claims that we do not die, but we exist in different forms in many different types of heaven. The type of heaven that one goes to depends on what people do while on the planet.
- JOHN EDWARD
Edward is probably best known for his television shows where he can communicate with people and access the deceased. He is known for his private readings, as well as his large audiences. Many people consider him controversial in that he makes people tell them what they want to hear. He stands strong to the fact that he can read people without having much knowledge of them or the person they are trying to reach.
- THERESA CAPUTO
Caputo is best known for her role on the hit television series, Long Island Medium. She uses her gift of spiritual connection in reading people and communicating with the deceased. She may be one of the most controversial mediums in modern times, yet her audience and clients beg to differ and she can read people with virtually no clues or help. She is among one of the best mediums of today and continues to help and heal people. She is well-known author and conducts tours around the country, giving readings to people while on the road.
- LISA WILLIAMS
Williams is a medium and healer, with multiple television shows and books. Her grandfather was a medium and the gift was passed down. She had her own television show around 2008 when she gave a reading to a member of the television show host. He helped her get her own show and it ran for two seasons before the show stopped. She has toured to multiple countries and conducted readings and even donates the proceedings to charity. As of late she is a minister and works at Universal One Church.
- MICHELLE WHITEDOVE
Whitedove is one of the leading mediums today. She has been called America’s number 1 psychic. She is one of the only mediums to be tested on television and pass, proving authenticity. She encompasses humor into her readings to alleviate the stress and burden of bringing up hard topics. She has been on almost every major television network and travels around the world conducting readings in venues and privately. She is a very active medium and constantly providing people comfort in various ways.
- JOHN HOLLAND
As a child, Holland knew he was gifted with the ability to connect with the spiritual realm, but never embraced it. It was not until a near fatal car accident that he realized what his gift was to be used for. He attended college to help enhance his abilities and later went on to have a television show that lasted two seasons. Recently he has been doing internet-based programs to help reach his audience and conduct readings. He has been working as a medium for over twenty years and continues today.
- MAUREEN HANCOCK
Hancock is known around the world as a teacher, healer, medium and bestselling author. Hancock spends most of her time now providing readings for police and parents whom have lost children, as well as terminally ill patients. She conveys to her clients that everyone has the ability, on some level, to connect with the spiritual world. She tends to focus much of her time and energy on the subject of death. She wants people to understand what happens after we pass and what we can expect. She provides inspiration on how to be self-intuitive.
- CHIP COFFEY
Coffey may be one of the most controversial mediums in modern society, as he has had various accounts of fraudulent readings in the past. However, he holds true to his abilities and maintains a following. He has been on various television series and claims his ability stems from his childhood. He says he was able to tell the past, present and future. He is notably known for telling the difference between ghosts and spirits. He claims they are not the same and that each one serves a purpose.
Controversy aside, many people around the planet believe in mediums and the ability they have. No matter what field or profession one may choose to pursue in life, there will always be skeptics and people that disagree. But if you’re interested in learning more, go have a reading or two done and see for yourself.
Seeking to learn more about the range of psychic abilities available? If you’re interested in cultivating your spiritual gifts, check out a brief description of the following 20 psychic abilities.
- Clairvoyance: A gift in which a person can tap into intuition in order to see things that others cannot see. It is through extrasensory perception that this occurs. A clairvoyant has the gift of clairvoyance.
- Clairaudience: This is a gift that allows one to hear sounds or voices beyond the veil of death. Psychics oftentimes use clairaudience to receive messages from deceased loved ones for clients. It is also known as “clear hearing.”
- Clairsentience: Sometimes known as “clear sensing”. It’s the ability to feel energy from otherworldly realms, past, present, and future, sometimes used to gather information from specific areas like houses or nature. It is also being able to feel the energy of souls or existence from the beyond.
- Claircognizance: An intuition of what is right without having facts for support. It’s that gut feeling that one gets, but doesn’t really know where the feeling comes from. Psychics use this gift regularly.
- Astral projection: An out of body experience. Being able to spiritually stand over your psychical body once you’re asleep and travel great distances in other dimensions.
- Automatic writing: A spiritual form of writing where the person is not conscious of what words are being written. It’s as if the pen conveys thoughts from another being outside of time/space reality.
- Channeling: Telling information gained from other entities that are in the spiritual realm. It’s the ability to tap into the information dimension or world and receive information that may benefit mankind. A person who channels goes into a trance-like state in order to bring the messages through.
- Empathy: This is the ability to feel other’s feelings in a meaningful way. It’s the ability to take on someone else’s feelings momentarily so you can sit with them and show them genuine comfort.
- Precognition: Being able to predict the future. It’s the intuitive knowing of events, whether good or bad, are going to happen before they occur. This gift is one of the easier ones to learn.
- Psychometry: The ability to understand or know facts about a person through physical touch of an inanimate object. For example, it’s being able to touch a wallet and know everything about the person who is the possessor of said wallet. Or touching a picture of someone and being able to share things about that person.
- Telekinesis: Being able to move objects without touching the object. It’s using the power of the mind to move items small or large distances. Telekinesis became quite popular when television shows aired shows where the gift was featured, such as horror films.
- Telepathy: Being able to read thoughts and send thoughts between persons. It’s interesting to note that identical twins oftentimes have the ability to read each other’s minds without verbal communication.
- Dowsing: A form of searching for hidden objects by using an object, as in searching for water in the desert by using sticks or other means. This divination people use to try to find gems, metals, and buried gravesites just by using rods or twigs.
- Tasseography: Being able to read remnants of tea leaves in cups to predict the future or fortunes. It’s the ability to decipher messages from used coffee or tea from glasses after a client has partaken in the beverage.
- Scrying: To scry means to see. Scrying is the ability to read the future by gazing into a crystal ball. Psychics use scrying often to help clients learn things about their future.
- Remote viewing: Being able to see shapes or figures in other realms and describe them with detail. The ability to see beyond the physical realm into the spiritual realm. For example, someone who is good at remote viewing may be asked to describe something on the other side of town, without ever having had been there. Or perhaps what’s behind a door. The person can just see what’s in remote places using his or her spiritual eyes.
- Psychic healing: The ability to heal physical ailments or injuries with spiritual healing. Psychic healers oftentimes use various objects or techniques to do the healing, such as use incense, prayers, chants, rattles, dances, and more. Each healer may have their own unique healing method based on what works for them. Some are able to hear angels or spirits tell them what to do from the other side of the veil or they may know intuitively what’s wrong with the person. Emotional and physical healings can occur.
- Past life regression: The ability to hone in on past memories through hypnosis. It’s being able to recall experiences from a past life with spiritual help. Psychics are known to perform past life regression, but some counselors are trained to do this as well.
- Mediumship: The ability to use your body as a vessel for communication with other realms. The art of being a medium for spiritual communication. Mediumship has gained a lot of popularity since more television shows have aired in the past decade.
- Palmistry: The ability to read and interpret one’s fortune using the lines on a client’s hands. A palm reader learns how to read the lines on hands in order to tell characteristics about a person, as well as what’s in store for them in the future. You can find palmists at fairs, carnivals, and festivals.
With so many psychic abilities available, take time to learn more about the ones that resonate with you. The more you learn, the better you’ll get. Additionally, go see psychics that have such gifts and get a reading yourself. Or ask them to mentor you if they’re willing. The more you can immerse yourself in the spiritual gifts, the better.
Cultivating psychic gifts takes diligence and persistence, but the rewards are well worth the efforts.